Facebook link

The health-resort buildings in Ojców - Obiekt - VisitMalopolska

Official tourism website of the Małopolska Region Link to Page: Home Link to Page: https://www.malopolska.pl Homepage

Zabudowa Ojców

The health-resort buildings in Ojców

Zabudowa w Ojcowie.jpg
32-047 Ojców Tourist region: Jura Krakowsko- Częstochowska
The health-resort buildings date from the period when Ojców was a renowned holiday and spa resort.
Franciszek Karpiński, Jan Ursyn Niemcewicz, Fryderyk Chopin and Cyprian Kamil Norwid were among those who stayed there. In 1885 Dr. Lucjan Kowalski set up the first hydrotherapeutic establishment with the name “Sybilla”. Then, under the following village landlord Count Aleksander Przeździecki, the hotel “Pod Łokietkiem”, the inn “Wesele w Ojcowie” and the Prądnik baths were added. During the January Uprising the whole resort burnt down – rebuilding was undertaken by the subsequent landlords, Jan Zawisza and Count Ludwik Krasiński.

There are no objects in the selected category.