Culture & entertainment
The new building of the Opera was erected in the years 2004-2008 from the funds of the European Union and with support from the Małopolska Province and the Polish Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
The Opera was established as an institution only in 1954 in the modest room of the Soldier’s House at ul. Lubicz 48. Its opera shows were staged in the Słowacki Theatre in Kraków, and operettas were presented at an amateur stage at ul. Lubicz.